Thursday, September 24, 2009

The calm

You know when people want what you have and can't get it, all kinds of things will start to come out of their mouths. Vicious things, crazy and insane things that doesn't even describe you. Well someone said something about me. You know, the one who always stays in her office, the one who is always on time for work, the one who does what she has to do and go home. Yeah me. So one of my co-workers came and told me that someone had said something. I said ok, but I kept working as if it didn't bother me. Well, it didn't bother me. She asked me how could I just sit there and act like I wasn't upset. Well, that's because I wasn't upset. I ain't got time for all that he say, she say crap.

I know that if Jesus was mocked, ridiculed, betrayed....how then would I expect myself to be any higher than he? I mean, He is the King of Kings for goodness sake and if I am made in the image of Him, do I expect I would get some type of better treatment? Nah, don't think so. I told her that whatever it was that God has my back. I told her that people gonna talk if you do good and they gonna talk if you do bad. Pleasing folks is not even in my repertoire....and I, yes I, have done things in my life that I'm not proud of, but I have only one judge, one jury, one redeemer, one Savior and as long as He has forgiven, that's all I need right there.

Lovingly yours,

2 comments:

  1. See....we must be on the same page. Yes, encountered the very same last week. I, too, concur. "No servant is above his Master." If they heaped insults on Him, we will fail to endure the same.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just shamed me. Sometimes I get all bent out of shape wondering why whomever said whatever.

    smooches,
    Larie

    ReplyDelete