Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The early bird gets the worm

Since my 19 year old daughter goes to the same college where I work, she has to ride out with me in the mornings. I normally get up at 6:00 a.m., which means she has to get up at 6:00 a.m. as well in order for us to be rolling out the house by 7:00 a.m. As she has gotten older, I tell her to set her alarm so she can get herself up, which teaches her responsibility. She says, "Mom, why do I have to get up at 6:00 and not 6:30?" First, she needs to get up because at 6:30, that is when I wake up the 16 year old son so he can then have his time in the bathroom. Second, because if you rolling with me, you need to be up and ready to move when I move. Third, because I said so.

So this morning, yes she had set her alarm and woke up but she hadn't gotten up. I tell her that's a big difference. So when I walked out of my room to go and fix my lunch for the day, her room is still black and she is still in the bed. I immediately turned the light on and asked her what was she doing. Her response was, "Oh, I'm just laying here." I told her don't come to me talking about she didn't have time to get ready because when I'm ready to go, I will not have time to hear any of that.

Well, it is now 6:30 and I wake up our son. His first thing to do is to go to the bathroom. So I go in my bathroom and in comes my daughter. I ask her what is she doing in there with me. She said that it was being occupied by her brother. I told her that if she would have gotten up like she was suppossed to, then she would have had first dibs on it. I bet she will get herself up in the morning instead of just laying there.

~QUEENBEE~

No comments:

Post a Comment