Friday, October 5, 2012

Brake check

On my way home one evening, I heard my brakes squealing like a pig. I will admit that I don't know much about cars except to put gas in it and go, but I do know that the squealing should not be there. So when I got home, I told hubby that the brakes were making that noise and if they needed some WD-40 on them. Hubby said to me that you don't put oil on brakes. I didn't know that. Anyhoo, I asked him to take the truck up to the mechanic place where we always go and get a brake check. I even told him that they do free brake checks. One point for me for knowing that.

Well instead of hubby taking the car up there for a FREE check, did I say FREE? Ok, just making sure. He decides to go and drive the truck around the block, as if I am some dumb blonde that doesn't know what I'm talking about. Ok maybe not on some things, but I knew this pig wanted to get out of the pen. No offense to any blonds reading this though. When he gets back to the house, he says, "Well I don't hear anything." I give him that LOOK. You know the look I'm talking about. That look that says if you don't go and take this truck to the place, then I guess I will just have to go and do it myself look. However, I could have taken it myself but the mechanic peeps are always talking man talk that just goes right over my head. They want to talk about a distributor cup, and a whatchamacallit, and a thing-a-ma-jig, and a abracadabra...you know, the terminology that I haven't put in my vocabulary just yet.

Anyhoo, after hubby says he doesn't hear anything and then says that if I hear the sound again to let him know. Um that would be a negative. There will not be a next time or next time might be too late. I'm telling you now, so why wait until a next time. So I said, "Fine! I'll take it myself." It's just something about a man's duty that upsets a man when the woman says she will do it, as if he is incapable of doing it himself or somehow the woman might do it better. I really did not want to do it myself, but he didn't need to know all of that. Hubby says no, no, no, I'll do it. Thank you. Needless to say, hubby is taking the truck to get my brakes checked tomorrow. Yeah me!

~QUEENBEE~

No comments:

Post a Comment