Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Telephone etiquette

My boss had walked down to the ladies room to wash her hands and I knew she would be back shortly. I could actually hear her pouncing back down the hall, when the phone rang in the office. I didn't know that she had gotten caught in the hallway by someone talking on her way back to the office. So, when the phone rang, I answered it and it was for my boss. I told the person on the other end that she just stepped down to the ladies room, but that I could hear her coming and to hold on.

When my boss didn't immediately come back, I just took a message and said that she would call this person back. So he left his extension and just as soon as I hung up the phone, my boss walks back in the office. She said that she was suppose to come right back, but that somebody stopped her in the hallway. I said no problem and then gave her the phone message. Well in her good efforts to call this person back right away, she got busy doing something else, then somebody came in her office and I do think she forgot all about the message.

Well low and behold, this person calls back like 30 mintues later and I answered the boss line again someone else was in her office.  When the person on the other end hear that it is me, he says: good grief, if she is still in the bathroom, she must have some type of diarrhea or something........the funny part is that he was saying it loud...I cracked up laughing and I said, um, no she is in the office. He said please don't tell her I said that. I told him that his secret is safe with me.

~QUEENBEE~

1 comment:

  1. yeah right...his secret is safe with me too and everyone else who reads this post. FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete