Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Midnight train to...well it ain't Georgia


I don't know where the midnight train is going but it sholl won't be Georgia. Here I am sitting up way past midnight wondering what the heck is on tv but yet can't find anything except George Lopez. I am usually in bed this time of night but here I sit in my recliner (I say mine because I have left a butt inprint in it) eating leftover fried corn from the day before. And I know good darn well that corn makes me all gassy inside but I said, "what the heck, just take the risk and just poot all over hubby's leg when I do go to bed." I am on spring break this week from work and tonight is the very first night I've had an opportunity to just sit up late because the other two nights I had to go to school, which meant going to bed at a decent hour.


I told hubby that I just had to sit up late at least one night just to see if I still got that midnight skill. So far, so good. I could just go and comment on everybody's post on facebook and when they look and see what time I posted it, they will all be in awe because I am never up quite this late. They might even be inclined to call 911 and report it and say that something was mighty suspicious at my house. I could just sit and paint my nails but darn, it might hinder the children's sleep for the mighty smells of nail polish remover and then I would feel guilty because they have to get up and go to school while they whine and want to stay home with me, but that's not gonna happen. I love them but not like that. LOL at myself...really LRL at myself because everyone is now asleep. (DUH, LRL is laughing real low----I made that up, can't you tell?)


I did, however, get a chance to register for fall classes at 12:17 because when I logged on to the university's website at 12:00, EVERYBODY AND THEIR MAMA NEM was trying to register at the same time. It took exactly 17 minutes for the registration site to load. As one of my friend says, "I must be some kind of geek to register for fall classes when summer hadn't even come yet." Shoot, a girl has to do what a girl has to do. I could create me a Twitter account and then delete it once I'm sober. Yall know I don't drink cause if I put the fun in dysfunctional and I don't drink, just imagine if I did....whew, that would be some kind of skaaeerrryyy! Uh-oh, how fast does food work? The corn is about to come out of its husk and the train is still stuck on the track while flipping channels over and over and over again.


1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about staying up late when you don't have to get up in the morning. It's something about enjoying that midnight hour when everyone else is asleep. All the ff&f you want. Let me see if you figure that out according to your post. LOL!

    ReplyDelete