Sunday, January 16, 2011

Some kind of crazy

I love the part from The Color Purple when it was said, "Bash Misters head in, think about Heaven later." That still cracks me up every time I hear it. We are in the process of getting new furniture. You would really say it's about darn time. My parents had this furniture for several years then passed it down to me. The furniture has now worn itself down or as my mom would say, "swanked" down. You can always tell us people from Mississippi because we just make up our own words.

Anyhoo, hubby had all this stuff on the couch that needed to be cleaned off before we let someone, who doesn't have a couch, have it. I just grabbed a bag and just started putting his stuff in this bag and he comes in there with this irate voice and says, "I WILL MOVE MY STUFF WHEN I GET READY TO MOVE IT. PUT MY STUFF BACK." I thought about my Color Purple saying and was thinking of Beyonce at the same time when I said to myself, "He must not know 'bout me." I was beginning to think if he was on the rag or something cause I surely could have offered him a tampon and an aleve. I said, "Look lil man, I was just trying to help out, so don't be getting upset with me because I was helping", and so I took everything that was in the bag and poured it all back on the couch. I then said, "When you get ready to clean this couch off, don't ask for my assistance."

When I got out of the shower, I saw hubby over there scuffling trying to clean the couch off. I didn't say anything. I just walked on by and I really wanted to ask him if he needed any help but I didn't, I just came in the room and started typing. I can tell by the way he glanced in my direction with that sullen look that he really wanted me to ask and yeah I know it was kind of crazy for me not to offer my assistance but I just kept on walking by.

Hubby and I like to watch this show called Undercover Boss, so when he came in the room and said, "You think we can watch the show together?" The devil almost made me do my cheer, "Heck to the N. Heck to the O. Put it all together and that spells Heck NO" As crazy as it sounds, I DIDN'T. I wanted to, but I didn't. Sometimes, every now and then, you just gotta be crazy though.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I have an advantage knowing you and your hubby personally. Just to imagine your faces in the situations you blog about is HILARIOUS. This was tooooo funny!

    ReplyDelete