Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A changing experience

When our car was out AGAIN this past time, hubby had to take me back and forth to work. I knew I would be stuck on campus all day until he returned to pick me up, so with me not having a car, I figured I would take some lunch with me since I had no way of going to go and get something on break. I had this huge 5 gallon bucket bottle of water with me and a sandwich. I thought I was set. I knew class would be from 9 in the morning until 5 in the evening and something told me that this would definitely last.

Well when we got a break around 12:00, I was so hungry that I thought I was going to eat the table legs. I just couldn't take it anymore and so I ate my sandwich and sipped on water until I felt a sense of satisfaction. I don't know what satisfaction I was feeling, but I could still feel the grumbling in my tummy. I had my purse and my bookbag on my arm and I looked inside hoping I would find some kind of change inside to go into the vending machine. One dime, then three dimes. I felt that I was on a roll. I sat the bookbag down and started taking my books out of it in hopes that I would roll up on some kind of change. I did the same procedure with my purse. I dug all the way to the bottom only to find lint and old receipts.

I kept looking at the vending machine in hopes that somebody, anybody, would have left some change in the little thing where change is return. I stick my finger in there and Holy Cow, I found two dimes in there. I kept digging in my bookbag and found a few more dimes. I was all the way up to 80 cents. I was so happy. I looked at the vending machine and I see all this stuff cost one dollar and up and then finally, a miracle happened, I saw a twix bar that was exactly 80 cents. I hurriedly put my new found dimes in this machine and was hoping and yes praying that my candy bar doesn't get stuck, and then I heard it...PLOP.... now that was a great sound to my ears.

Lovingly yours,

2 comments:

  1. lmbo..why can i see you searching.. i can see you tilt your purse to one side at an angle so that the change will all slide to one end.. then tilt to the opposite side hoping you missed something.

    honey we all have been there.. or at least i know i have..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that Twix didn't get stuck halfway down! I would have had to grab that machine and get to rocking it if it did! :-) LOL

    ReplyDelete