Friday, July 23, 2010

Too funny for words

I hardly ever answer the phone when all the peeps are here. I usually let the teenagers do their thing and run for the phone or let hubby pick it up. Well, since everyone was sleep except me when this phone call came through, I jumped to answer it only so it would not wake up the crew. The voice on the other end was my neighbor calling for hubby, but since he thought I was one of the kids, this is what happened.
Caller: Hey, is your dad up?  Now I really wanted to be really funny but I knew he wouldn't have a clue as to what I was talking about. Since my dad lives in MS, I should have said that I didn't know if he was up or not and that I'd get back to him later when I found out, but I didn't because.....well, I just didn't.
So I said no he is not up and the neighbor said well tell your dad I called.

So a few short minutes later, hubby was awake and asked who was it that called. I told him the neighbor wanted him to call back, and I told him how funny it was that he thought I was one of the teenagers. Hubby said, "You could pass for one." Ok, I'm thinking now he should really go back to sleep cause he dreaming and all I could think to say was, "Liar, Liar, pants on fire." LOL

Lovingly yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment