Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Eye Candy

I had this transition meeting to attend where I am going to be the new historian for the CAEOP (College Association of Educational Office Professionals) during the 2010-2011 fiscal year. I don't know what possessed me to say yes when I was asked to be on the Executive Board, not to mention trying to fit this into my already hectic "superwoman" schedule. One of the members handed me my binder full of information and then began to read off my duties were as the historian. As I sat there wanting her to say what she had to say so I could get back to my office and finish up some things, my eye starts twitching. I'm looking at her right in her eye as she is speaking and I'm hoping that the twitching stops because I'm blinking excessively trying to cover up the fact that my eye looks like I'm winking at this lady.

As she reads off a line or two saying what my responsibilites are, she asks if I had any questions. I replied that I do not and then my eye starts twitching again. So I'm sitting there listening to this dialogue and stupid stuff runs through my head.  I kept talking to my eye from my mind and said, "Look, you 20/20 visionary of an eyeball, if you don't stop twitching, I'm going to take you out and dip you in hot sauce then make you look at big bald guys who sit and there's nothing but crack there." My eye stopped twitching after that thought because I didn't want this lady to think my twitch was aimed at her. It wasn't and never will be that kind of party.

Lovingly yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment