Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Blessing in disguise

Our truck had been giving us some problems and so we had to spend money to get it fixed. About a year and a half ago, we put a new transmission in the truck and things seemed to work just fine after that. Well for Christmas, we drove to Texas to see my sister and spend some time out there with her. On our way back, our truck started shaking like it had Parkinson's disease....that's how bad it was shaking. I knew something had to be wrong, but I prayed to God to at least let us get this truck back to Pensacola, FL and parked in my driveway. Everytime we had to stop for gas and cut the car off, there was a chance that this truck would not crank back up. Each gas refill meant getting closer to home. So after we finally made it home, hubby said that he was going to take it to the shop and let them look at it and tell us what was wrong. I was hoping that it wouldn't cost too much because we had already put enough money in this truck and besides, we had just come from out of town, so basically, we were broke.

Hubby comes back and hands me an estimate of what is wrong and how much it will cost. When he handed it to me, I immediately knew it was gonna cost an arm, a leg, two kitchen sinks, seven goats, fifteen panties and bra sets and nine ladies dancing......because he just handed it to me and walked away, no words, nothing. I looked at this estimate and said, "Holy Batman!" Yeah, it was up in the thousands. So Sunday came and we went to church in this shaking truck. We all do 8:00 a.m. service but hubby said that he was going to stay for both services and for me to come and pick him up later. So me and the kids got in the truck after the first service and was headed home, but before we got home, I told them that I needed to stop by Wal-Mart and get some Nyquil. We didn't make it to Wal-Mart. The truck start coughing and jerking as if it wanted to quit on me, then it wouldn't go any faster than 40 miles per hour. My son told me to pull over and he got out and looked under the hood but he didn't know what was going on. I asked them if we should chance it and go to the store or just get to the house. Everybody agreed that we should just go home.

I headed toward the house but my speed kept decreasing and so I put on my emergency flashers and drove on to the house and parked it. I had our daughter to call hubby at church and told him that he needed to find a ride from church because there is no way that I was going to make it in the truck.  So hubby did find a ride home and when he got home, he crank the truck up to see what was wrong. He then came inside and said that we are not going to put no more money in this truck and wanted to know if I would object to trading it in for another car. So early Monday morning, we were down at the car lot before their doors even opened, told them what was wrong and that we needed a car. To make a long story short, I ended up trading in my truck that they are going to fix anyway and re-sell for another truck. The funny thing is that I was 7 months away from paying off my truck, but we don't know why things happen when they do but God allowed it to happen and I am grateful that I got a vehicle to drive and that I am not walking. Thank the Lord for the blessing in disguise.

~QUEENBEE~

No comments:

Post a Comment