Friday, August 26, 2011

A sip, then a swallow

I am not a fan of V8 at all. I've tried it, and it's just not my thing. Well hubby was going to try the V8 in the can all because it was given to him. He opened the can and took a sip of it and said, "Whew, this needs a little something added to it." Now, hubby and I are not drinkers but he took it upon himself to make a pretend homemade Bloody Mary. Visualize with me if you can.....he put some salt in the can and then put some hot sauce in it. As he is mixing his homemade drink, I tell hubby that if it is hot going in, then it will be hot coming out. (The children thought that was very funny.) Ok, back to the point....so hubby has mixed his ghetto drink and sips it and says that the salt and hot sauce did the trick.

Now in comes our 15 year old son who thought he should taste hubby's mixture and so our son asks hubby if he could take a sip from it and hubby agrees. Instead of a sip, our son gulp down a whole swallow. When he did get it down, he said, "Dad, that is the most disgusting thing I've ever had." He then added, "That tasted worse than my throw up in the back of my throat." I told him the moral of this story is to be content and not always wanting what somebody else has. Our son said that he hopes he learns a lesson from that. I sure hope so too.
~QUEENBEE~

No comments:

Post a Comment