Thursday, March 4, 2010

All dressed up and no where to go

When I walked into work this morning, a co-worker wanted to know where I was going. He don't even know me like that to be asking me such questions. It was none of his business. So I politely asked him what did he mean. He said that I was just too dressed up for a Thursday. Can I not dress up every now and then when I want to without having a reason? I didn't even consider what I had on was all that dressy really. I am not going anywhere except for back to the house when I leave work. If I feel like wearing slacks, I wear slacks. If I feel like wearing jeans, I wear jeans. There is really no dress code here at work, so Fridays don't have to be set aside days to throw my jeans on.

Is there a problem with wanting to look presentable and decent just because I can? Or do I really need to go somewhere besides work? I mean, I did leave the house to come to work, so that is going somewhere, right? I've seen some of the people who come to work in their sweat pants, in their wrinkled clothes and they do be looking a hot mess, but that is their business why they look they way the do. I don't care where they are going or where they are coming from. I'm sure if they wanted me and everyone else to know, they would post a big banner across my building.

Lovingly yours,

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...maybe he wanted to take you somewhere. You weren't wearing boots were you? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. next time just tell him to the stripclub..betcha he won't ask again

    ReplyDelete