Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My side of the bed

It's amazing how we title things as "mine" and "yours". Philippians 4:7 says: And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. This scripture came to me while I was trying to rest in the bed that my husband and I share. While he is recouperating from open heart surgery, I lay in bed trying to determine what side of the bed should I sleep on. He has his side and I have my side. When he is home, we get on our side of the bed and then meet up somewhere in the middle. Hubby is always scratching my leg in the middle of the night and I constantly tell him to move back over to your side of the bed and then cut those hard toenails. Last night was one of those nights where I wanted to feel those hard toenails. I couldn't rest well on my side nor could I rest well on his side, but I found that when I shifted myself in the middle of the bed where it was like unity, I fell asleep and didn't know what had hit me. I understood the scripture even more because sometimes we get so caught up with the things of this world that we don't even have time to understand what God is saying to us. Sometimes it could be slow down, speed up, or just move in the middle.

7 comments:

  1. Hello QueenBee! Looking forward to more of your posts but most importantly, the great news of your husband's recovery.

    smooches,
    Larie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby is doing much better. He is being moved to a room as I relay this message. The doctors are getting him up to sit up and maybe walk around. It's just amazing how God does what He wants to do in His own time and His own way. Thanks for being concerned and don't be a stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy KingBee is doing better, but did you really just mention his toenails?! Toooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl I had to. I had to keep it real. Just as soon as he is moved into a room, I am going to go and cut them. All smiles!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi there queenbee glad to hear your husband is getting better. my husband is a real mover at night he kicks me and allsorts whilst he's sleeping. when he's at work at night i always miss his shuffling around and i always find it harder to sleep when hes not there x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Carla and I are glad to here things are going well. We will continue to keep you in prayer and let us know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news on his recovery ... nice to meet you dear sister!

    ReplyDelete