Sunday, July 8, 2012

Unworthy News

I see lots of things on television and the internet about who has admitted to being gay or lesbian. Frankly, I do not care who has "come out of the closet" because I do not have a Heaven or a Hell to put anybody. Why should that even be news worthy? Their lifestyle is their lifestyle. I was trying to read one article regarding some athlete saying she likes women and that she is encouraging all athleted to admit to their different lifestyles of sexuality. I thought it was going to be something that I wanted to read, but later on down in the article, it started talking about her sexual preference. So? And?

I just don't see the point of someone having to announce they are gay to the world. Do you see me announcing that I, a woman, likes men? Why don't heterosexual announce they like someone of the opposite sex. Really! What does "coming out of the closet" really mean anyway? To me it means that you were hanging up some clothes in your walk-in closet and the door got stuck and now that it has been sprayed with some WD-40, you are now coming out of the closet....or it could mean this: a hurricane was coming and you went inside your closet for shelter and now that the storm is over, you are now coming out of the closet. Who in world termed closet with gayness? Yeah, I know what it means that they were in hiding or trying to The scriptures say that I am suppose to love everybody, regardless if you are gay, straight, crooked, bent over, black or white. It doesn't matter what you are or what you think you are, the love has not changed, but keep it to yourself, because what you think is news, really is not news at all.

~QUEENBEE~

2 comments:

  1. I've thought about this, too. Someone's sexual preference is none of my business. I don't remember anyone applauding me when I announced I would start dating, and males at that. There were no grand heterosexual celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. This just shows the lack of creativity the station has to find newsworthy news, but on the other hand, ratings go up when someone's business is told. smh...

    ReplyDelete