Saturday, October 29, 2011

Puppy sitting

I have never really been a fan of having animals myself but when my daughter's friend gave us a puppy at the beginning of the year for free, I went on and agreed because it put a smile on our children faces to have a dog....and I was the first one who said that I would NEVER get a dog. Well when the puppy died a few months ago from Parvo (a disease that dogs get) again, I said that I do not want to get another dog.

Hubby asked me one day not too long ago if we could get another dog. I was adamant about my decision and said no, no, no, no, no. I did not want the children to get attached like they did before and I was content on how things were. Well one night, after I came home from my class, the children met me at the car and said, "It wasn't our idea, it was his (speaking of hubby) and I asked them what it was and they said that we had a puppy. I knew it wasn't April Fool's Day but somehow I felt like I was getting punked.

I got out the car and walked inside and asked hubby if there was a puppy here, he smiled and pretended he didn't know what I was talking about...until I heard some barking outside. I looked at hubby and even though I was upset that he strictly went against my wishes, I said, ok what's the story behind the puppy being here. He said that it was a friend of his puppy and that now the friend is being charged $200.00 a month for the puppy to be there and that the puppy just had nowhere else to go....and I looked at him again and said, "So you said the puppy can stay here?" And I said, "I hope it's temporarily, right?" Hubby was silent and started humming like he didn't hear me. I told him that he should have consulted me first.

Well after having this puppy for a week, both of our children went to the fair and left me and hubby with the puppy. At first we had the puppy out on the patio but she started whining because she is used to the children (mainly our daughter) tending to her and her whining actually made me feel sorry for her, so hubby made her a bed on the floor next to the couch where I was sitting so the puppy can lay there. She wanted to run around but I told her that she was going to sit right here until the children come home. The puppy knew something was different but she stayed right there. I never would have imagined me doing this in a million years. Now here I am puppy sitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment