Friday, May 28, 2010

Let the truth be known

I am me. That's as simple as it gets. I can't try to pretend to be something or someone that I'm not. Trying to pretend you're someone else is like living a lie. Why in the world would I want to be in someone else's shoes? Mine fit me just fine. Mine are comfortable. If you were to ask me what is my opinion of something, then expect my opinionated answer. I can't give you the answer that you want to hear, then it's not my opinion. Why do people ask you what do you think? In some instances, does it matter what I think? For example, a friend asked me what I thought of an outfit she bought. I wanted to know if she liked the outfit. She said yes. So what would it matter if I thought that she and a cow were having a fight over it and the cow won. If you think you look good, no matter what everyone else may think of you, then you look good.

Here's the deal....a student came into my office and had lost his book. He asked if anyone came and turned in a book. I told him there was no book turned in and that maybe he should go to the police office on campus to see if it was there. He says, "Now do you really think someone turned in a book?" I said, "Well if you didn't think that, why would you come to my office looking for it then?" I wasn't trying to be smart but if someone could easily turn it in to my office, it's likely it could be turned in to the police office too. Duh!!

The young man wanted me to make copies for him from his friend's book and I agreed to do so. He began to converse with me as I made the copies for him. He asked me if I thought he was an idiot for losing his book. I replied, "Well do you think you are an idiot?" He said no, so I asked him what difference would it matter if I thought it or not. He said he didn't think of it like that. I know, especially teenagers, care what people say about them. Why? I don't know.

Hubby was watching Jerry Springer the other day and asked me to come in and watch it with him. That's not even my type of show so he said that I just had to watch this segment. So I sat down and this guy comes out and says that he had to tell his girlfriend a secret. The guy begins to tell this woman that he was born a woman. The girlfriend freaks out. Why on earth couldn't the he-she tell this woman up front than to bring her on a talk show and embarrass her like that!!! I just couldn't even begin to fatham the emotions of the girlfriend.

Church is no different. People come up in there like they are SHOWLIER than anyone else. Yeah I said it. They walk up in there and put on a show like they are holier than God himself. I'd rather be me anyday than to be someone else then forget who I was pretending to be.  Ain't nobody got to pretend for me because I don't have a Heaven or a Hell to put you in. I am not impressed. And if you don't know, now you know. I know I talk like I'm straight out of the country. I can't change that. I don't have money and I don't pretend to either. What you see is what you get and that's as real as I can be.

Lovingly yours,

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed meeting you yesterday! I love your REALNESS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen amen amen i can only be one person at a time and i am still working on being the best me possible

    ReplyDelete