Saturday, April 17, 2010

That's the power of pine sol

I told these teenagers last night that the house needed cleaning and I needed their help in getting it done. I would have normally woke them up but I thought I would have a little heart and wait until they got out of bed. My thing is that if you go on and get the job done what needs to be done, they will have the rest of the day to just sit around and do nothing.

So I got out of bed around 8:15 on this beautiful Saturday morning, and thought I would go and just watch a little television until the brats got up; but when I walked out my bedroom, I hear our son already playing some game and then I hear our daughter saying, "Good morning, Mom." I acknowledged their presence on this glorious day. Hubby was gone to enjoy a men's breakfast at church. Since I saw the younguns up, it was time to get to cleaning.

They each knew what they were suppose to do because I gave them their assignment the night before, but our daughter was like, "I don't want to get up, I want to stay in bed. I don't want to get up and clean." Too bad. Time to get up and get to moving. I told them if they come on and get it done, then that will be it for the day but the more they complained about it, the longer it would take them to get it done. Our son just got on up and did what his job was and was done. Once the two of them completed their chores, they said it smelled really good and I said, "That's the power of pine sol, baby."

Lovingly yours,

1 comment:

  1. i know that is right. I try and instill that in my child that he waste more time whining about doing stuff than it would actually take if he just shut up and did it...These new fangled kids..

    I will look for the book. I think I may have the criminal justice one, if not I will send you a lil something on it.

    And I forgot to tell you I found a pic for the award you gave me..I posted it on my blog under the awards sect..thanks again

    ReplyDelete