Saturday, April 3, 2010

Insomniac's Mission

I must be on some kind of mission for the insomniacs across the world. It is 2:07 in the darn morning and I'm not sleepy. I'm sitting on the floor of our bedroom looking out the window and see a spectrum of the moon. I'm trying to type as soft as I can not to wake hubby. He is sleeping like he is trying to put out a forest fire. I see my purse from the glimmer of the moon's light and reach for it. I know there is a piece or two, maybe three pieces of white chocolate that I must consume. I am yearning for it. I slowly unzip my purse and it's like an echo from the deep beyond. Why does everything sound louder when you're trying with your best effort to keep it as low as possible? My hand reaches inside the purse....OH NO..I feel the chocolate but it is still inside the bag. I can do this...I can get these three pieces of candy like I have some special degree in white chocolate mastery. Just when I think I'm about to hit a home run, hubby says in his forest ranger voice, "BARBARA"......"What are you doing down there? What is that noise?" I felt like a kid that had been caught doing something I had no business doing, so I kindly whispered back, "Go on back to sleep, I'll be in bed soon." I would feel very shameful saying I'm trying to dig in my purse for some white chocolate. If that would have been the case, I might as well say to Vicky Vale what Batman said, "Have you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight...LOL".

My solace could have been anywhere in the house but my parents and one of my sisters are visiting from MS and I didn't want to disturb them. I think hubby has another fire or two to put out so I reckon I have completed my mission for now. As far as my snack, it is still buried down in the bottom of the pit for now, but when daylight breaks, that's a whole different story. Goodnight moon, goodnight John Boy.

Lovingly yours,

4 comments:

  1. i would have gotten that chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Queen,
    You see how your little desire for chocolate, in the dark, became a quest to seek and destroy! You were determined to get the chocolate...out of the bag...and not wake hubby. LOL!!!! We not only encourage ourselves...but we challenge ourselves.. : )

    this was sooo me!!!

    ReplyDelete