Friday, December 4, 2009

Vacation Adventure - Part II 1/2 - During my vacation..more

Tues. Nov. 24 - I sat around the house and did nothing. I walked around in my robe and my shrek slippers. I didn't even leave the house. I guess that's why I was still up at 1:47 in the morning. I hadn't done a darn thing all day. I didn't even have a tired bone in my body. Oh well, it was nice.

Wed. Nov. 25 - Getting up to head to MS for Thanksgiving. Everything is packed...we think. We get right at the exit to get on I-10 when something hits me. I ask hubby if he remembered to get his clothes. Next thing we know, we are turning around. He had left his clothes hanging on the door in my office. I was glad that we weren't that far away from the house. Holy Moly!! We we arrive in MS and we are on our way to my sisters...when we see police lights ahead of us. We didn't know if there was an accident or not. Traffic was held up on both sides, so hubby looked ahead and said, "There is no accident, they are checking licenses." He just went on and took his out and we went through like a breeze.


Thur. Nov. 26 - Thanksgiving Day - I was awakened at 2:00 a.m. by what sounded like gun shots. I've seen enough tv to know what a gun shot sounded like. I declare I heard it like 18 times. I went on back to sleep after I just lay there waiting to hear a police siren, and no one came. When I woke up around 6:30, hubby asked me if I heard the gun shots. I told him I did but I thought it was all in my mind. He said that he had heard it but thought I was sleep. My mom had gotten up and fixed breakfast, even though I had asked her not to, but that's mama. We went over to my younger sister's house for dinner and I ate like I was a piglet. Oh my! Today was a good day.


Fri., Nov. 27 - We left Moss Point, MS heading to Picayune, MS to see hubby's niece and cousin. We stayed the night there and the room we slept in was so cold. I kept my socks on the entire time and I NEVER sleep in socks. Yes, I even slept in them. Hubby laughed at me. Good golly Miss Molly.


Sat., Nov. 28 - Our goal was to go to the Bayou Classic football game in New Orleans, LA, but our 13 year old son ending up getting sick. We went on to New Orleans anyway since we had a hotel reservation. I asked the kids if they still wanted to go and they both agreed. We just hung out and ate and them them sit around and enjoy. Later that evening, we had 13 year old get a bath, drugged him up with NyQuil and sent him off to bed before he coughed up a lung or something.


Sun., Nov. 29 - Where in the heck did my vacation time go? It's time to leave Louisiana and head back to FL. I actually dread going back to work....Blah...Blah...Blah....well, after we got back to FL, our friends from ATL called (on the same day that we arrive from being gone for 5 days) and said they were on their way to FL. Well I thought it meant like in the weekend...nope, they are about to leave ATL coming our way. Wow! That was a major rush having guest at our home and we haven't even been home. I felt all drained and tired and they didn't leave until Wednesday. Whew! Well I must go and boy oh boy, you just wait for the blog after my vacation. Geez!


Lovingly yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment