Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Vacation Adventure-Part II- During my vacation

I can't even begin how to describe not having to get up and go to work for the past four days. It has been a great one so far. I'm gonna enjoy the rest of my time because I will have to go back on Monday, Nov. 30. But until then, let's have a little fun. It was Thursday, Nov. 19, the first day of being on vacation. Hubby and I went to Red Lobster for lunch and just as we were seated, he gets a call on his cell phone. It was our daughter calling from school. She said that she wanted us to come and get her from school because she didn't feel well. I'm not easily suckered so I needed to know what exactly was the problem. Hubby gives me the phone so I'm asking her what is wrong. It had better be something like she is bleeding from her eye, her small intestine is falling out or Mike Tyson bit her ear off. She says that her throat is hurting and wants us to come and get her. Not even a legitimate reason for me to check her out of school. She just wanted to be doing what we were doing. Hubby was going to go and get her but I said to him that he can go if he wants to but that he can't go running every time they say something is hurting them. He told me that I just didn't care. I don't even believe he fathomed them words to come out of his mouth.

I sent Ms. 16 year old a text message and told her that we were not coming to get her and to ride the bus home instead of staying after school for her weightlifting practice. She sent a message back saying she wanted to stay for weightlifting. I then told hubby she can't be that sick then if she wanted to stay. She wanted us to stop doing what we were doing, check her out of school so she can hang with us, then drive her back to school to participate in weightlifting?????? She had lost her mind. When I went to pick her up later that day, she was all bouncy and cheerful. I'm glad I listened to my own instinct instead of that Mr. Hubby.

Friday, November 20 - Today was not a day for me to sleep in. I had to take daughter to the dentist for an 8:00 a.m. appointment. It only lasted an hour and then I went to check her behind in school. She was not a happy camper because she said that I could just leave her out of school for her to hang with me and hubby. Sounds sweet - but I went and checked her in school anyway.

Saturday, November 21 - I've waited for this day for so long. Not because it was my birthday and yes I was extremely happy for that. But today, my 16 year old daughter got up and fixed me a birthday breakfast...AND... washed the dishes without me having to ask. Oh boy! I woke up around 6:21 and she was already up waiting on me to get up. That was soooooo punkin because this child getting up that early on a Saturday is strictly forbidden in the real world. She did a pretty good job fixing breakfast and cleaning up the kitchen. I had a selfish thought come over me like.....what if everyday was my birthday...I wouldn't worry about the breakfast....but can my kitchen get cleaned everyday without asking!!!

I am actually enjoying being off. And hubby hadn't gotten on my nerves...YET!! As the kids say, "Don't jinx it." I hope to have more to share after I come back from mama nem for Thanksgiving. My bags are packed and I am Mississippi bound.

Lovingly yours,

1 comment:

  1. First of all...I LOVE your Queen Bee button. Girrrl, it's too cute.

    Secondly, this post was soooo funny. You really know how to tell a story. I'm ready to read about your week back at work. I'm laughing already. LOL!