Wednesday, November 18, 2009

An expected surprise

Ok, I do know that sounds kind of like an oxymoron. How can it be a surprise if it is expected? (really laughing out loud). Well when I mentioned in my vacation adventure blog about my co-workers having a birthday celebration on the day that I will not be at work, the replies came back saying I should come if there are gifts involved. I was still contemplating about that but today when I came in to work and got settled at my desk, I had to go pee really bad. So off I go prodding to the ladies room to piss a pee like no other. After I came out, I went to the door that leads outside just to see how cool it was outside...weeeeellllllllll, that's when I saw it in the lounge...the cake...the big wrapped gift.....and no one around. I almost went inside but I kept walking back to my office as if I didn't see it. I didn't say a word but it was anticipation swelled all up inside me. Well after everyone had a break from their class, one of the faculty came to me and asked me if I could help him with something. I knew he didn't need help but I had to pretend that I didn't know.

So I get up and walk toward his office but he went the other way and I followed him into the lounge and that's when the gang sang happy birthday and gave me a gift. I'm telling you, I should be in acting because the look on my face said surprised, even though I knew I had seen it. I will never tell. Ok, it is now 15 minutes before my vacation starts. I am getting out of here and I will be getting with you all later.

Lovingly yours,

2 comments:

  1. That's sooooo awesome! Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful vacation. And I hate surprises, so I would have been thrilled to death to see that cake and the gifts.
    You're truly a blessing~

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL! You are a MESS! Tooo funny! I can only imagine your 'fake' face of surprise. I hope someone from your job reads your blog. Now THAT would be funny!

    ReplyDelete