Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Birthday wishes

Wow, can you believe it? I celebrated my 41st birthday this week and I had a great time. Yes, I admitted my age and am very proud to be blessed to make it to this point. God is definitely a great God! The people at work showered me with this and that and I was indeed grateful and I never ask them for anything, they just do it out of the kindness of their heart. As a child, one may say, "What are you going to get me for my birthday?" But one lady, a few years ago, told me this: "It's your birthday, do something for yourself." Those words stuck with me and so I decided to dress it up in gold for my 41st birthday. I bought myself these pair of jeans that hubby had been asking me to get. The jeans had gold all down the side of the pants on both legs, then their was the matching jacket and of course the gold shoes. I was a superstar for a day. When people saw me come in to work, I walked in their with boldness and confidence. It was like watch out world, QueenBee in the houuuzzzeee!!! People came by and asked what was the special occasion and said that I was wishing myself a happy birthday. They were like, "you're happy you're getting older???" I would reply with a yes, yes I am. I was celebrating life, and celebrating me. I was joyful and content. I enjoyed the gifts that I was showered with but the greatest gift I had was the fact that I was alive and kicking. God woke me up not only to see another day but another year. I am thankful for today and if I never see another day, you best believe that I made turning 41 the best birthday I had ever had.
~QUEENBEE~

1 comment:

  1. I saw your pictures of your birthday outfit, and you wore it quite well as you do everything. It was cute!

    ReplyDelete