Saturday, July 23, 2011

Unusual Text

I was sitting here minding my own business when I get this text from the same area code as mine. I normally do not answer texts where the number is unfamiliar but I did on this particular text. I answered the text because on one or two occasions my children have called me on someone else's phone because they ran out of minutes, so even though my children were home, I thought it was someone who was trying to get in touch with me and something was wrong with their phone.

The text came in and said, "Is your texting working ok?" I replied that I did get their text and my text was working ok. The person replied and this is what the text said, "My dad's phone broke and it is not working and he is depressed, sitting in a hotel room and I need you to call him to cheer him up." At this point, I'm trying to think of who in the world this could be but nothing came to mind. So I texted this random stranger back and asked who was this and who was their dad. The reply came back as Taylor. I texted Taylor back and told him/her that they must have the wrong phone number because I don't know anyone named Taylor.

I waited for a reply but nothing came. I silently said a prayer to myself that whoever this was that they were ok and that the dad finds comfort in whatever it was that was bothering him. It may have been meant to come to me, I don't know but I do know that you don't have to know someone to say a prayer for them.
~QueenBee~

No comments:

Post a Comment