Sunday, December 12, 2010

God's Favor

Well, well, well....I've taken finals and now I am just waiting on my grades to be posted. But in the meantime, let me talk about the favor of God. Here goes:
After being at work all day and hen going to school at night, I'm mainly exhausted by the time I get to classes. So I basically prefer the instructor to talk and say what she gotta say instead of me having to talk as much. I mean, if I feel that there is something that I don't understand, I can e-mail her. Simple. Right? Ha! This past August when another semester of classes began, I went in to my Wednesday class thinking it was gonna be somewhat laid back like my Tuesday night class. NOT EVEN!! My instructor had the mind set that this is how it was gonna be, end of discussion.

So she mentioned on our very first Wednesday night what she expected of the class (keep in mind that this is August) and that she wants us to read the info in advance and then get to class and she go over a little here and there, but in the meantime, she said that she would just randomly call on us for us to answer questions. My mind was like, "Great! Just what I was hoping she was NOT going to do." So after that first class, I prayed as I was driving home and MY GOD said to ask for the desires of your heart and so I began to ask the Lord for favor in this class and that after work, I was tired and did not want my instructor to call on me but that at the same time, I wanted to be able to understand what she was saying in my own little way. 

The following Wednesday, I went to class and sure enough, she called on people left to right, but she didn't call on me. So after class, I got in my car and thanked God for his favor that night. The following Wednesday after that, the instructor pulled out her roll and started calling on people again, and she looked my way, but she did not call on me. I thanked God again for showing me his favor. As time went on, each Wednesday would come and go and the Lord kept showing me favor.  I was not called on and each Wednesday night after class, I would thank God again. Well, right smack in the middle of the term at the 8 week mark, my instructor came to me in the form of the devil after class and said, "I see you sitting there and I know I haven't called on you, but I will." I didn't say anything except, "Yes Ma'am" and then I left.

Yall, I wish I could make this stuff up but honest to goodness truth, week 9 came, week 10, then 11, all the way to the 16th week and not one single time in a 16 week period did my instructor call on me. Not once! And each single time I saw where the Lord showed up and showed out, I thanked him yet again because He didn't have to do it. When I mentioned it to my co-worker at the end of the 16 weeks, she then said to me, "Yeah, yeah, you got away this time, but watch and see that you will have to speak out in class next semester." I was like, "Get thee behind me, Satan." I don't know how God will work or when he will work. It may be for a semester, it may be through the entire time I'm in school, but this I do know is that what God has for me, it is for me and not for anyone else. I thank you Lord for favor.

Lovingly yours,

1 comment:

  1. Great or small...I believe our Heavenly Father cares about every aspect of our life and is waiting to bless us...IF we are obedient! I'm so happy your finals are over and you're able to exhale. Thank God you got through the classes with a low profile (hee-hee).

    ReplyDelete