Monday, October 18, 2010

School Daze

The classes I am taking are some really hard classes and these days, I've been in a daze over them. I could be wrong but I believe that my Wednesday class is trying to set us up for failure. Would an instructor really do that? See what had happened was........we took our mid-term exam for my Law & Society class on Wednesday, October 13, 2010, but on Wednesday, October 6, 2010, my instructor said that we would do a review of the exam. Instead of reviewing, she just handed us a three page review sheet. I glanced at the long list of questions and said to myself that some of this stuff we haven't gone over yet. Before anyone could raise their hands and mention this to the devil, she said, "I know that we haven't gone over some of this material but you can go home and read the chapters and come back next week and take the exam." WHAT THE HECK!!

So, let's get this straight....I'm suppose to go and read this stuff and then study for the exam!!! YOU ARE THE INSTRUCTOR, YOU TEACH IT, I LEARN IT. Some of the readings are difficult to understand and then we go into the classroom and ask questions about what we read. We didn't get a chance to ask any questions regarding the readings that were just thrown at us, neither did we get a chance to have her to explain it to us. She also told us that on the mid-term exam, there would be two, yes, two essay questions on the mid-term and the rest of it would be just matching definitions to the answers. Sounds pretty simple, huh? Until.........the night of the exam. When 5:30 came, the instructor said for us to remove everything from our desk and all we needed was something to write with. Now, how many essay questions did I say that she said would be on the exam? TWO! When I looked at those 9 pages of stuff, can anybody tell me why was every question in essay format?

No, you don't have to do a double take because you read it right. EVERY QUESTION was in essay format. Not only that, every question had several questions within a question. My mind just wasn't prepared for that because I'm like if you knew all the questions would have been in that way, just say what you mean and mean what you say. Don't come up here the night of the exam and spring surprises on us.  On that Thursday after the exam, one of the ladies from my class e-mailed me and said....WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT LAST NIGHT WITH THE EXAM? I didn't have an answer for her mainly because I was still in shock my own darn self.

Lovingly yours,

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for laughing, but your comment about her being the teacher and she should teach it reminded me of my homeschool days...it's called self teaching. Here is the book, read the directions and complete the assignment. IF and only IF you have any questions, you may ask. LOVE IT! Next time, pretend your test is a blog you have to comment on. LOL!

    ReplyDelete