Friday, September 24, 2010

Robbing Peter to pay Paul

That's exactly how I feel, as if we are in a daily struggle to get things accomplished and doing it from a paycheck that might get bread and water. We are in an economy where everything keeps going up, except our paycheck. It is either at a pace of consistency or falling off the charts. One of my co-workers came to me and said that he had gotten word, after being here for almost 20 years, that his position is no longer needed. The oddest and the most craziest thing is that my co-worker got an e-mail from his superior saying he needed to see him in his office. E-mail?? Are you like totally kidding me!! My co-worker described it to me like this and I'll call him Mr. T and the boss I'll call Mr. H..... Mr. T said that since we are suppose to leave at 4:00, (and he didn't leave at 4:00, he stayed and helped students until like 5:00) Mr. H sends Mr. T an e-mail around 4:45 to meet in his office the next day at 8:00 a.m. (well the offices don't open until 7:30). Mr. T said to me, "what if I didn't check my e-mail at 4:45 since he was suppose to leave at 4:00, and that Mr. T doesn't have e-mail at home, what if he came in here at 7:30, didn't get a chance to check e-mail because he was helping a student." He was fired up when he walked in my office.

Mr. T said that Mr. H was just too coward to call him on the phone earlier in the day instead of waiting until later when Mr. H thought Mr. T would have been gone. I had nothing to say. I just let Mr. T vent. I asked Mr. T when his last day would be and he said December....of this year??? Yes!! WOW!! I could tell he wanted to cuss, and I was hoping he wouldn't. I wanted to ask why was he being let go, but I didn't get a chance to. Mr. T said that his position was grant funded and the grant is being depleted. That just sucks. All I could do was say a prayer.

That just goes to say that nobody's job is secure. Hubby and I have been trying to rub two nickels together hoping to get a dime. Kids eat like there is no tomorrow and it doesn't matter if you are inside the home working or outside the home, we all still try to manage to do what we have to do. It does seem like there is more month at the end of the money and in times like these, I am at least glad that hubby and I don't have all that credit card debt. We either pay for it in cash or we don't get it. Now I really can see why folks go postal, based on what Mr. T's situation is. I'll continue to pray, and if you get a moment, can you take time to pray for Mr. T and Mr. H as well?

Lovingly yours,

3 comments:

  1. I feel you. I have to tell me the girls sometimes just because we went grocery shopping doesn't mean you have to eat it all today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Madden Corner! What's that all about anyway? Almost like they've never seen food before! LOL!

    Queen Bee, prayers are going up for all of us. All I have to say is, Thank God for Jesus because He continues to be our sufficiency. Doesn't he always come through? Yes!

    I haven't forgotten our conversation...Broke By Choice (lol).

    ReplyDelete