Monday, February 20, 2012

Life Lessons

It was indeed sad that Whitney Houston passed away and so many of her fans loved her dearly, but truly, that is not the end of the world. I loved Whitney too and her music but in due season, we all are gonna leave this world and then you know what else will happen after that....life goes on. Living ain't for the dead, it is for those of us who are still living. I guess it was probably weeks before Whitney passed, I posted a status on my facebook page that said something like, "What if you woke up dead only to find that you haven't lived." Some people got it, while others wanted to inbox me to ask what I meant. They said, Barbara, you can't wake up dead. Really, you can. Your eyes are open, your arms are moving, your heart is beating but there is no life inside you.

Everything around you is dead, your conversation is dead, you feel that you have no meaning or purpose here on earth, you don't want to talk to anybody and furthermore, feel that you don't need nobody (or should I should proper English and say that you don't need anyone) and you view life as if it means nothing to you. So yeah you wake up dead. I read status after status saying how much they are gonna miss Whitney and they feel that they can't go on. Well, as cruel as it may sound....I am gonna keep going. I have so much life to live because I am still here living. I enjoy laughter and making others laugh, so I have a purpose here. I have to make someone laugh who hasn't laughed in some time. I guess there is nothing wrong with flowers at a funeral and a eulogy, but I would really prefer if you tell me what you wanted me to know while I am still here. I can't hear it when I leave this place. It doesn't matter if you are mad at me, tell me you are mad so we can talk about it and get through it together, then laugh about it later because I'm sure it would be something stupid anyway the reason why you are mad.

I've never had a desire to do drugs, nor drink alcohol, nor smoke cause I feel that those things would be taking away from what I enjoy doing.....LIVING! Not just grateful for my life, which I am, but doing the things I enjoy doing like carrying my camera everywhere and taking pictures or stopping by my blog to write a bit here and there, and making others laugh. I asked my daughter the other day to let me take her picture. She said she don't like taking pictures because they don't come out right. I then said to her, "when you are gone from this place, what will others look at to remember you by?" She didn't like that I said that but it's truthful. Pictures don't have to be perfect, that's the funny part about lots of pictures. You don't have to have your hair all curled up nor your best make-up on. Just enjoy living and what life has to offer. Life doesn't have to be all serious all the time.
Go on vacation. Laugh, Love and for goodness sake...LIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment